JOB POSTING: Construction Labourer
Position Overview (Part-time)
Twin Valley Contracting is currently building a pool of applicants for the construction season, including labourers. The ideal candidate is hardworking, reliable, approachable, and accountable. We are proud of our reputation that we meet our Client’s needs, and this requires flexibility on behalf of our staff to ensure that we do a quality job, and we meet our deadlines.
- For casual to full-time, we are looking for labourers who enjoy an ever-changing role, and exciting challenges, potentially including operating heavy equipment. Labourers are available for any day of the week, and any shift required. To meet our client’s needs, we provide the labour required to do the job on time; this means we need our employees to be available as required by the Client.
- For part-time, we are building a pool of employees who are available on-call, part-time, or only on weekends. If you only wish to work part-time, or you are looking for weekend work to supplement your income, our labourers enjoy interesting, diverse, and challenging work.
- Assisting heavy equipment operators and other workers
- Loading and unloading construction material and moving material to work site
- Operating rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Reliability is paramount
- 16 Years of age or greater
- Must be able to lift materials up to 50 lbs
- Valid class 5 drivers' license
- Reliable transportation for travel to multiple work locations (frequently outside of bus service)
- Basic experience working with hand tools
- Construction industry exposure / experience is an asset
- Ownership of CSA steel-toed workboots is required
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record of safety compliance
- Basic knowledge of safety rules and regulations
- Able to identify hazards and respond appropriately
- Willingness to learn, take initiative, and work as a part of the team
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
These preferred tickets may be considered an advantage:
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Protection
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Ground Disturbance
Twin Valley Contracting values our reputation as an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. The successful candidate’s suitability will include a proven record of contributing to a positive work environment.
How to Apply: send all resumes in confidence to email@example.com with “Labor” in the Subject line. Please include at least 3 supervisory references